Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving break in Danville, VA



o
b


Since the above photo I have found an amazing book...Curly Girl...which has helped me so much in understanding how to do Kyla's hair and now I am happy to say it is not such a frizzy mess...the key is conditioner...conditioner...conditioner...and no shampoo.


At UNC...this was a huge campus...much bigger than Duke, awesome buildings but not quite as picturesque as Duke...I absolutely love going to University Campus'....it makes me feel young again, it did help that we left the kids with my sister...i wonder if people thought I was a student...I am probably too old now to blend in. I would love to go back to school someday, when all my kids are in school.


Duke is an amazing campus by the way...it reminded us of a college at Oxford, it was small but beautiful!
He hated and loved the chickens

Kyla with Aunt Lucinda
Calvin Loved going to Lowe's Build and Learn


Kyla with her cousin Ally - my namesake

Uncle Justin Hauling my kids
Reading a book with Calvin, Grant, and Dawson

We just got our computer fixed so here is an old post with photos....



So I am visiting my sister Lucinda...so now I can blog since our computer has some virus so I haven't been able to for a long time. I am having such a great time! My sister lives down in Danville, VA where her husband is an optometrist. Lucinda is only two years older than me and we have always been best friends so it is so amazing to have almost two weeks down here. Moema flew down yesterday so will spend Thanksgiving with us. It was a rough seven hour drive without him...Kyla is known far and wide for being the world's worst car baby....but it has been well worth it. I am so glad Lucinda found such an amazing place...with fifteen acres and you gotta love housing prices in Souther Virginia.

2 comments:

  1. i don't know if its just me abut i'm not getting any of these pictures, or the ones on the post above this! Just to let you know!! :) I would love to see them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you go the pictures to work. I need a book to tell me what to do with super fine hair like Leah's that slides out of any hair accessories - often with her help, but even if she doesn't it falls out. Maybe I'll try more conditioner and less shampoo. Glad you found that book for Kyla's hair.
    My friend's daughter has curly hair and so does her sister. She said an important thing is never ever us a brush. Although I'm not sure you even could on Kyla's if you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete