I feel bad cause I am not really doing a baby book for Calvin...cause I was supposed to be making good records in this blog, but I have been slacking. I thought I would write a few cute/unique things about my little boy:
1) He is absolutely obsessed with Balls, give him a ball and he is entertained for hours, if we are at the park and he sees one in the distance he runs over and steals it. He is so good at throwing it, people are amazed at his coordination at just 16 months, but he has been throwing a ball since he was could sit up. The other day his dad threw him a tennis ball and he hit it in mid air with his little tennis racket, and repeated the feat six times...we are going to keep him practicing it and show him off at the family reunion talent show.
2) More about his coordination skills, he is very good and feeding himself. A few weeks ago I decided I would give in and let him try and fee himself, and I was amazed that he did great! He definitely got food on him but he got most of it in his mouth. Now he won't anything, from a piece of bread to chips, without a fork or spoon:) I think the fact that he has massively big hands helps him out.
3) He has a love/hate relationship with horses and dogs. In South Africa he would just stare out the door at the dogs and beg you to take him outside to look at them, then when they get to close he gets really scared. The same thing at my brother Oliver house, he has horses and Calvin will just stare out the window at them and anytime anyone says horse he perks up and pulls you to the door to take him out to them....but don't let them get to close or he freaks out! My dad actually took him on a ride on the horse but he didn't like that very much. When we went to my sister's house she had one of those horse' with just the head on a stick that you can ride and Calvin was so scared of it!
4) He loves to just stare...he is our observant little boy. I take him to the park and for the first thirty minutes he just stares at the kids playing. He is pretty mellow, easy going kid most of the time and gets along with others. He loves to climb on things and really loves it when older kids pay him attention.
5)He loves to dance! He recently got into the show YO Gabba Gabba and loves to dance along with the music...he is so cute when he dances.
6) It took him a long time to learn to walk (15 months old) but now that he can he runs everywhere. My sister thinks it took him so long to walk cause it is hard to keep his balance with his big head:)
I know this sounds prideful but I think he is the cutest boy in the whole world and I am so lucky I get to be his mom!