Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Quilt





I made this baby quilt for my new neice...
Allyson Rowe. I am so happy my sister found me worthy and decided to name her after me. I hope I live worthy of that respect. I hope she likes red and yellow (my wedding colors).It wasn't easy making a quilt with my little boy whining at my feet all day but I finally finished it today and sent it off to Flagstaff, Arizona. If you look close you will see it is a total disaster...I told my sister to use it for diaper changing.


Calvin is wondering why I never made him a baby quilt. Hey if you were named Al I might consider it...or even Alvin...but I don't go to all that work unless you are named after me.



Showing dad how to hit a proper overhead smash. Already showing promise at the tender age of 11 months.

5 comments:

  1. wow alyson, thats really amazing that you made that!!! lucky girl. if i name my baby after you, will you make a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love the quilt!!! That is so special that your sister picked you! Your little niece is always going to have a special place in your heart now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record I enlarged the picture, and the quilt is lovely, just lovely...

    it is kind of sad how excited Calvin looks on the "his" new quilt, little does he know you were just using him for a paperweight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks awesome. I love the colors together.
    Does this mean you have to have a girl and name her JaLayne?
    I am impressed you did it with Calvin too. I've been working on a quilt and Leah just cries at my feet and pulls on everything until I put it away without having done anything. She needs to learn to play alone.
    We know you want Ballston Spa, but it'd be awesome if you got Phili too!

    ReplyDelete